亲子教育  >  帖子详情

亲子教育

 发帖:45774694  用户:54057367

 带宝宝体检的英文(上)- 称体重、量身高、验血验尿、查视力听力

楼主

你和宝宝说英语

著有《你和宝宝说英语》一书⬇️

♦ 体检是check-up还是health check-up?

♦ 如何用英文说服宝宝去体检?

♦ 中国和美国的视力表竟然不一样!

CHECK-UPS (PART ONE)

体检(上)

Mom: Today we are going to get a check-up.

妈妈:今天我要带你去体检。

注:Check-up本身已经是体检的意思了,不必加health。

Child: I don't want to go.

宝宝逼崭否:我不想去。

Mom: I understand but we have to check our bodies,

妈妈:我知道,但是我们需要检查身体,

to make sure we are healthy

确保身体健康,

so we can grow big and strong

这样我们才能长得又高又壮,

and can fight the germs that make us sick.

才能抵抗让我们生病的病菌。

Child: Okay, Mommy, but what is a check-up?

宝宝:好的,妈妈,但是什么是体检啊?

Mom: The doctor is going to do a few tests to check your health.

妈妈:医生会做一些测试来检查你的健康状况。

There is nothing to be scared of.

没什么可害怕的。

I will be right beside you the whole time.

我会一直在你身边的。

【At The Clinic 在诊所】

美国地广人稀,体检通常在诊所或者医院孟满进行,体检中心不普遍,在中国比较流行的体检中心可以说check-up clinic / center。

Doctor: Hello! We are going to do a check-up today.

医生:你好!今天咱们来体检。

I am going to measure and test a number of things.

我会测量和检查很多项目。

I. Weighing the Child 称宝宝的体重

Doctor: First, I am going to weigh you.

医生:首先,咱们来称一下你的体重。

Please take your shoes off and stand on the scale.

把鞋脱掉,站在秤上。

Now a number will appear, this is your weight.

现在会出现一个数字,这就是你的体重。

II. Measuring Height 量身高

Doctor: Next, I will measure your height.

医生:接下来,我来量量你的身高。

Please stand against this height rod.

靠着这个身高尺站。

Thank you, that was easy, wasn't it?

谢谢你,很容易,对吧?

Child: Yes, that was okay.

宝宝:嗯,还可以。

III. Urine Test 验尿

Doctor: Now I need to check your urine which you might call pee.

医生:现在我要验尿了,尿就是哗哗。

Here is a little cup that I need you to pee into.

这个小杯子给你,你需要尿到里面。

Then, I will send it to the lab

然后,我会把它送到化验室,

and they will check it for bacteria and other germs.

他们会检查里面的细菌和其他病菌。

Child: What is a lab?

宝宝:化验室是录点什么?

Doctor: A lab, which is short for laboratory,

医生:Lab是laboratory的简写,

is a place where things like blood and urine are tested

是一个验血验尿的地方,

so we can make sure people are healthy

用来确保人们身体健康,

and know which kind of medicine they might need.

弄清他们需要什么药。

IV. Finger-Prick Blood Test 化验指血

Nurse: Next, we need to check your blood.

护士:接下来,咱们需要验个血。

I am going to use this little needle

我会用这个小针,

to pull out some blood into this tube.

采一点血到这个管里。

Child: Mommy, I am scared, I don't like needles!

宝宝:妈妈,我害怕,我不喜欢针!

Mom: It's okay, it will just be a little pinch

妈妈:没关系的,就是扎一下,

and then she will be done.

然后就结束了。

Look at me and squeeze my hand.

看着我,攥着我的手。

There we go, she is all done!

好了,结束了!

Child: That hurt, Mommy!

宝宝:好疼啊,妈妈!

这里的hurt是过去时,指刚才很疼。

Nurse: I will put a swab on it.

护士:我给你压一个棉签。

You were such a good girl.

你真乖。

Here is a sticker for being so brave.

非常勇敢,给你一个小贴画。

V. Vision Test 查视力

Mom: It's time to get your eyes checked.

妈妈:该查视力了。

We need to make sure your vision is good.

我们要确保你的视力正常。

“视力”亦可用eyesight或者sight。

Doctor: Please take a seat in this chair.

医生:坐在这个椅子上。

Make sure you sit up straight with your whole back against the chair.

身体坐直,整个后背贴住椅子。

Very good.

很好。

Now, you're going to look at that picture with many “Es” on it.

现在,你要看一幅图,上面有很多E。

美国采用的视力表是下图左侧的这种,本文按照右侧的中国视力表编写。

I will point to different “Es”

我会指着不同的E,

and you will tell me which way it is pointing.

然后你告诉我它指向哪边。

While we do this, you will hold a spoon over one eye,

咱们测的时候,你拿这个勺子挡住一只眼睛,

so we can test one at a time.

这样咱们能一次测一只。

Ready?

准备好了吗?

Child: Yes.

宝宝:嗯。

Doctor: Which way is “E” facing?

医生:E朝那边?

Child: Down.

宝宝:下。

Doctor: And the next one?

医生:下一个?

Child: Left.

宝宝:左。

【Continues 继续】

Doctor: Great job! It looks like your vision is superb!

医生:非常好!看起来你的视力非常好!

VI. Hearing Test 测听力

Mom: We also have to get your hearing checked at the audiology office.

妈妈:咱们还需要到测听室测一下你的听力。

Child: How will they do that, Mommy?

宝宝:怎么测啊,妈妈?

Mom: They will play different sounds

妈妈:他们会放各种声音,

and ask if you can hear them.

然后问你能不能听见。

Tester: Hi, I am going to put these headphones on you and then play a sound.

检测员:嗨,我会给你戴上耳机,然后播放一个声音。

Can you perform a simple task for me

你能完成一个简单的任务,

like putting this ball into a bucket?

比如把这个球放到桶里吗?

Child: Yes.

宝宝:好的。

Tester: I need to test to see the quietest sound you can hear

检测员:我需要检测出你能听到的最小的声音,

to see how good your ears are.

看看你的耳朵有多好。

Child: Okay, I can do that.

宝宝:好的,我可以的。

【Child performs procedure as directed 宝宝按指令执行程序】

Tester: Okay, we are all done and you did very well.

检测员:好了,结束了,你表现非常好。

There is nothing wrong with your hearing.

你的听力没问题。

抽静脉血、量血压、做B超、照X光、做心电图的英文又怎么说呢?下期《带宝宝体检的英文(下篇)》教你,敬请期待!

欢迎关注“你和宝宝说英语”,和楼主勤更的每日一词。与宝宝多学一点实用英语。

泯萱灰妈

宝宝9岁9个月3天 LV.24
1楼

感谢分享

2019-06-18 14:04
收藏 返回
顶端
扫码或保存
邀请好友扫一扫分享给TA或者