作者:小雅和英美友人
♦ 教你10种坚果的名称和相关英文。
♦ 腰果的弧形,栗子的光滑,核桃的坚硬,如何形容?
♦ Let's get cracking是“咱们来剥坚果”吗?
Nuts 坚果
Mom: A friend gave me this gift basket today.
妈妈:我一个朋友今天送我一个礼品篮。
Why don't you open it and tell me what's inside?
你把它打开,告诉我里面是什么吧。
Child: OK!
宝宝:好的!
Looks like a bunch of 崇布认different kinds of nuts.
看起来是一堆不同种类的坚果。
Mom: Oh, interesting.
妈妈:哦,有意思。
I know you are a big fan of nuts.
我知道你很喜欢坚果。
Are there any that you would like?
有没有什么你想吃的?
Child: Let me see.
宝宝:我看看。
These green ones with the shells half-open are pistachios, right?
这些绿色的壳半开的是开心果,对吧?
Mom: Yes.
妈妈:是的。
Child: They're fun and easy to open.
宝宝:它们很好玩,而且很好剥。
They're my favorite.
它们是我最喜欢的。
Mom: I think they're my favorite too.
妈妈:我觉得它们也是我最喜欢的。峡挎
What else is in there?
里面还有什么啊?
Child: I see almonds, pine nuts and peanuts.
宝宝灿铜:我看有扁桃仁、松子和花生。
Can I take some of them to preschool with me for lunch?
我能带点儿去幼儿园中午吃吗?
Mom: You can,
妈妈:可以的,
but before you share them,
但是你把它们分享给别人之前,
ask your friends if they have any nut allergies.
问问你的小伙伴们是否对什么坚果过敏。
Some kids are allergic to nuts,
有些小朋友对坚果过敏,
✎ 注意上面两句话中“过敏”的名词和形容词说法。
which can make them very sick.
会让他们生很严重的病的。
Child: OK.
宝宝:好的。
I'll ask them before sharing.
我分享之前会问他们的。
What's this curved nut called?
这个弧形的坚果叫什么啊?
Mom: That's a cashew.
妈妈:那个是腰果。
Try one.
尝尝。
They're very good too.
它们也很好吃的。
Oh look, they included walnuts too.
哦,看,里面还有核桃呢。
Child: They're very hard.
宝宝:它们很硬。
Mom: They are,
妈妈:是的,
so we'll need a nutcracker to open those.
所以我们需要开坚果的工具把它们打开。
Let me get one out of the kitchen.
我去厨房拿一个。
Here you go.
给你。
Give it a try.
试试。
Child: I can't squeeze it hard enough.
宝宝:我夹的劲儿还不够大。
Mom: I can't either.
妈妈:我也不行。
We'll ask your dad to open them when he gets home.
咱们等爸爸回家让他把它们夹开吧。
Child: What are these smooth brown ones called?
宝宝:这些光滑的棕色的叫什么呀?
Mom: Those are the chestnuts.
妈妈:那些是栗子。
You need to roast or boil them first.
你需要把它们先炒或者煮一下。
✎ 炒坚果的“炒”不用stir fry,而是用roast(fry或者pan fry可以勉强用,但不如roast地道)。所以,糖炒栗子可以叫sugar-roasted chestnuts。
When they're done boiling,
煮熟以后,
you can peel them.
你就可以剥它们了。
Child: Are they good?
宝宝:好吃吗?
Mom: I like them.
妈妈:我挺喜欢的。
They're a popular snack this time of year.
它们是这个时节非常受欢迎的食品。
Child: What else is in the basket?
宝宝:篮子里还有什么呀?
Mom: Hazelnuts, pecans and macadamia nuts.
妈妈:榛子、山核桃和夏威夷果。
Child: Let's get cracking!
宝宝:咱们开动吧!
✎ Get cracking是开始做某事的意思,相当于get started,crack又是开坚果的动作,这里是一语双关,但是get cracking也可以用在与坚果无关的场景。
Mom: But don't eat too many.
妈妈:但是别吃太多。
They're more filling than you think,
它们比你想象的更有饱腹感,
and we'll have dinner soon.
咱们马上就吃晚饭了。
(图片来源于网络)
更多剥坚果相关英文,请查看:剥橘子、剥栗子、剥糖,英文均不同,一帖让你翻译“剥”不再头疼
https://baobao.baidu.com/article/df08a997ccc9564b5ee43c7cc7a98ee3.html
欢迎关注“你和宝宝说英语”,和楼主勤更的每日一词。与宝宝多学一点实用英语。